libbusybox is back; "individual" mode is introduced

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Oct 10 22:58:10 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007 23:22, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:13:56PM +0100, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >In current svn:
> > >
> > >CONFIG_BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX works again,
> >
> > Very nice. Thanks for your effort.
> >
> > What do you think about also providing an option to use the normal
> > busybox as a whole as .so (i.e. a PIE)?
>
> It should be easy. I only need to look how e.g. glibc makes it so that
> /lib/libc.so.6 is runnable by itself.

that's a different issue and one you shouldnt care about ... building busybox
as a PIE and exporting relevant symbols via --export-dynamic is what you
should check out i think ...

the libc.so hack just adds a little bit of code and sets it as the entry point
when generating the libc.so.6 ... it isnt a PIE
-mike