unzip concatenated gzip files

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 23:32:08 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 18:43, Loïc Grenié wrote:
> 2007/10/4, Loïc Grenié <loic.grenie at gmail.com>:
> >     Code
>
>     Minor tweak (I was reserving two excessive bytes).

Unfortunately, we collided. I was working on this too,
using your patch as a base. :[

 770988    1029    9552  781569   bed01 busybox_old
 771137    1029    9552  781718   bed96 busybox_unstripped

This patch does not introduce any new CONFIG options.
Less than 200 bytes growth.

"decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored" is commented out.
Not decided yet whether the message itself is needed.

As a bonus, now gunzip should never die without returning to main program.
It did it before on many low-probability error paths.

As a minus, it can introduce new bugs. :(

Can you test this patch?
--
vda