compiling with armcc / codesourcery libs

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 17:28:02 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 November 2007 02:37, Dave Rodgman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking to port the make system to cross-compile for ARM Linux,
> using the ARM toolchain (armcc, armlink etc), and the CodeSourcery
> gcc libraries.
>
> Can anyone offer any advice on where to start? Ideally I'd like to
> get it so that I can do something like:

This is how I'm doing cross-compiles here:

# glibc
#export ARCH=i386
# uclibc
export ARCH=i386
export CROSS_COMPILE=i486-linux-uclibc-
# uclibc64
#export ARCH=x86_64
#export CROSS_COMPILE=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-
# arm eabi
#export ARCH=arm
#export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-uclibceabi-

test x"$CROSS_COMPILE" = x || cross="CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE"

make $cross "$@"

By uncommenting relevant part on top, I can do different cross-builds.

> anyone tried anything like this before?

I olny ever tried cross-compiles with GNU toolchain, built from sources
locally.
If you want to do the same, but having difficulty building
tollchain, I can help.
--
vda