udhcpc and Infiniband support

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:57:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 07:41:40AM -0700, Greg Kurtzer wrote:
>On 5/31/07, Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>IIRC Hal did once post a patch that added verbs support to dhcpd (not
>>our udhcp). Not sure if this was added to upstream.
>
>How did that work? Did it use verbs to do the communication to get an

That sent verbs instead of arps, from what i remember.

>address, then use that to run through the dhcp-script?
>
>Do you by any chance have a location for this post/patch?

It should be in the openib mailing list archives, somewhere.
I don't have a link at hand, sorry.

>>I never tried the combination of ipoib and the busybox udhcpd/udhcpc,
>>unfortunately.. Since i'm usually not using IP, i'd recommend you to
>>have a more detailed look into the issue yourself if you need IP.
>
>Yep. We have already started looking into this. It looks as though we
>have to write the packet header ourselves as detailed by RFC 4391

Yes, that' what you want. Don't forget to wrap it into a
FEATURE_INFINIBAND for networking/Config.in and make the server and
client ib support independent of each other, both depending on
FEATURE_INFINIBAND.

The changes should be quite straight forward, iirc.

cheers,