Question about cross-compile for 1.5.1

Miller, Jeff (eng) Jeff.Miller at adc.com
Wed May 30 20:29:35 UTC 2007

I am still tracking it down but it looks like the ability to specify a
cross compiler and compiler options fell out of "make menuconfig"
sometime after 1.2.  I would like to use 1.5.1 and have been trying to
use the ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE environment variables in my environment
and on the command line but I am getting poor results.  I seem to be
able to get my arm 2.95.3 arm compiler to get invoked but without any
include paths or other compiler options.  When the compiler gets invoked
I then get several errors from include files about various defines not
being defined.

I also tried to copy the USING_CROSS_COMPILER=y,
CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX="arm-linux-", and EXTRA_CFLAGS_OPTIONS= settings
from my older .config file but the 1.5.1 Makefile apparently runs config
again and config chokes on them.

Is there something I am missing with regard to specifying cross
development environments?  Has anybody been successful getting 1.5.1 to
cross compile for an arm?

Jeff