Compile app with uclibc and gcc mixed

Varga-Háli Dániel vargadanis at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:42:50 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have an app (Ruby) that I would like to make as small as possible. I
managed to strip it down to 4.9MB now but I would like to below that.
With GCC4.1.2 it is not possible. I got the 4.9MB with GCC3.4. (With
GCC4.1.2 it was 5.1MB)
So I thought that instead of using libstdc for all the files, I would
like to use uclibc for some of the files that can be compiled against.
Is there a way to do this?
It is a Makefile project so ./configure make stuff is what it needs to be done.
I installed uclibc and toolchain so I have i386-uclibc-linux-gcc. When
I tried to put it into the Makefile, it failed to compile.
Any suggestions?

The output file:
http://hungarydan.com/output.txt

Dan