busybox init as a shell script

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri May 25 18:23:15 UTC 2007

Some time ago there was some discussion about replacing busybox init
with shell scripts.

I can't find that right now in the archives, but it could be very useful
to me.

I have a hardware board where the manufacturer uses a custom patched
busybox to bring up the hardware.  All they're doing is loading some
modules and then running another script via linuxrc.  I'm a bit at a
loss to figure out why they chose this method, but I would like to
replace the patched binary with standard scripts and eliminate the
custom patch job.

Thanks,

--Yan