how to enable cache flushes for hard disk?

kaimi dishui at gmail.com
Tue May 22 08:34:43 UTC 2007

Another question, on my pc, the hd supports cache flushes, it shows:

[root at localhost linux-2.6.20-dm]# hdparm -T /dev/hdb

/dev/hdb:
 Timing cached reads:   3344 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1671.72 MB/sec

and my target board does not support cache flushed, it shows:
[root at test tmp]# ./hdparm -T /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
 Timing cached reads:    68 MB in  2.04 seconds =  33.30 MB/sec

I don't know if this feature is the inducement, I want to disable this
feature on pc, what's the command? thanks