busybox on NFS

Miroslaw Dach miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Tue May 15 20:49:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Yann E. MORIN wrote:

> Hello Miroslaw,
>
> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 13:52, Miroslaw Dach wrote:
> [--SNIP--]
> > I have build the kernel and busybox with crosstool-0.43 (gcc-4.0.2
> > glibc-2.3.2). I have also tried to build the busybox with eldk4.1 but I
> > have failed so I have decided to use crosstool.
> [--SNIP--]
> > when I do: ldd bin/busybox
> >         not a dynamic executable
> > So it means that busybox is the statically build executable which I do not
> > believe.
> [--SNIP--]
> > I do not know however why busybox init does not work.
> > I have also tried to mount the eldk4.1 root file system and it also hanged
> > when trying to execute init.
>
> Statically linking with glibc is a Really Bad Thing (TM). It is broken.

I did not build busybox statically. I only wrote that "ldd"
said that it is not a dynamic executable. The problem which I face it that
init hangs just after execution. It might be related to the libraries init
(busybox) depends on. I placed in the lib directory all libraries from
crosstool-0.43.

Best Regards

Mirek