busybox on NFS

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Tue May 15 17:31:41 UTC 2007

Hello Miroslaw,

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 13:52, Miroslaw Dach wrote:
[--SNIP--]
> I have build the kernel and busybox with crosstool-0.43 (gcc-4.0.2
> glibc-2.3.2). I have also tried to build the busybox with eldk4.1 but I
> have failed so I have decided to use crosstool.
[--SNIP--]
> when I do: ldd bin/busybox
>         not a dynamic executable
> So it means that busybox is the statically build executable which I do not
> believe.
[--SNIP--]
> I do not know however why busybox init does not work.
> I have also tried to mount the eldk4.1 root file system and it also hanged
> when trying to execute init.

Statically linking with glibc is a Really Bad Thing (TM). It is broken.

You should have received a warning about that when you compiled your BusyBox.
Avoid static linking with glibc. If you really need static linking, switch over
to uClibc. Or better yet, build with dynamic linking.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |