tftp timeouts in 1.4.1

Franklin franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Thu May 10 00:49:52 UTC 2007

Alexander Kriegisch's messages:
> > Maybe you can try version 1.4.2.  I met the same problem with 1.4.1, also
> > not resolved by patching, but after upgrading to 1.4.2 everything about
> > tftp is OK.
>
> This is not my favourite option, to be honest. Hundreds of users depend
> on the firmware mod we maintain here, and an upgrade would mean a new
> release and hundreds of firmwares being re-built just because of this
> one issue. I think I am going to wait for another suggestion, but thanks
> for the hint. 1.4.2 or even 1.5.0 are my last resort fallbacks, then. :-)
>
> Regards
> --
> Alexander Kriegisch

I know what you mean.  In my opinion, there are very few differences using
patching or changing busybox version to 1.4.2, because you still have to
release a new version of firmware even just patching tftp codes. :-)

I'm not suggesting changing to 1.5.0.  Last time I tried it, the shell got
some problems.  Neverthess I think it is ok to change from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2,
since it is mainly a bugfix release.

Just for your reference.

Regards,
Franklin