Builtin commands and calling behaviour

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue Mar 27 18:23:11 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I'd like to build remote bootstrap installation system with an
statically linked busybox (to be used on an VPS). My idea was
to put an statically linked busybox, an installation script and
the rootfs tarball into some save place (ie. /.BOOTSTRAP/),
call the installation script with the busybox and let it do
evrything (cleaning the old / and unpacking the tarball, etc).

The tricky point is that I must be totally sure that this script
only uses the builtin commands, as long as I do not explicitly
tell it to call something from the outside (ie by full path name).

Does it work that way ?

thx
	http://patches.metux.de/