Suboptimal header getopt.h for busybox?

Mats Erik Andersson mats.andersson64 at comhem.se
Fri Mar 23 11:47:52 UTC 2007

Hello all,

in trying to optimise a minimal system even further
for size, I had the idea to switch off full GNU getopt
support in uClibc and make do with SuSv3 standards.
It turned out that Busybox refused to compile due to
several references to include/getopt.h. However, since
that header file is nothing but a formal inclusion of
include/bits/getopt.h, I cannot help but wandering why
the full GNU-getopt-functionality is required. Am I
missing something essential here? Or could it be that
Busybox is not optimal with its demands on getopt?

Regards    Mats E Andersson