passwd applet

Jean-Luc - OEL jaufranc at outline.com.hk
Fri Mar 23 06:20:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have enabled passwd. addgroup, delgroup, adduser, deluser with make
menuconfig, recompile busybox and make install to add this in my root
directory.
But when I run one of those commands in my platform, it will just show
the busybox command:

uclibc[bin]# addgroup
BusyBox v1.00 (2006.12.21-04:26+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
   or: [function] [arguments]...

        BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
        utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
        link to busybox for each function they wish to use, and BusyBox
        will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
        [, awk, basename, bunzip2, busybox, bzcat, cat, chgrp, chmod,
        chown, chroot, clear, cp, cut, date, dc, dd, df, dirname, dmesg,
        du, echo, egrep, env, expr, false, fbset, fgrep, find, free,
freeramdisk
,
        ftpget, ftpput, grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hdparm, head, hexdump,
        hostname, id, ifconfig, inetd, init, insmod, kill, killall, klogd,
        ln, logger, login, losetup, ls, lsmod, md5sum, mesg, mkdir, mknod,
        modprobe, more, mount, msh, mv, netstat, nslookup, od, patch,
        pidof, ping, poweroff, printf, ps, pwd, rdate, reboot, reset,
        rm, rmdir, rmmod, route, sed, sh, sleep, sort, sync, syslogd,
        tail, tar, tee, telnet, telnetd, test, tftp, time, top, touch,
        tr, traceroute, true, tty, udhcpc, umount, uname, uniq, unzip,
        uptime, usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vi, wc, wget, which, whoami,
        xargs, yes, zcat

uclibc[bin]#

I'm using arm-elf toolchain and busybox 1.00. Do I have to set anything
else to make those work?
If I enabled other option it seems to work fine.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jean-Luc