RFC: provide libuuid from e2fsprogs

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Wed Mar 21 17:21:47 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

something we could implement in busybox:
(i currently don't have the time to sit down and hacking it down :()

Busybox could provide the libuuid from the e2fsprogs package and
use it by itself, if we're building libbusybox as .so and also
include e2fsprogs.

I can totally live with just providing an tweaked .pc file for
libuuid (pointing to libbusybox) in this case.

Maybe it could work like this:

* new option BUILD_PKG_CONFIG "Provide pkg-config descriptors"
  --> creates .pc files for all libs we have built in libbusybox
* separate libuuid from the rest of the e2fsprogs stuff
  (own config option) and make e2fsprogs depend on it.

What do you think abouth this ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de