awk does not terminate when compiled with gcc-4.1.2

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:22:22 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 00:44, Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
> BB might be unlikely from your point of view, but it is
> not out beyond any doubts.

I think you are trying to read too much from my words.
I'm only saying that in a particular setup (my setup)
busybox awk seems to work. I do not say that busybox awk
is unlikely to be buggy. I've see enough bugs which show
themself only under specific libc/arch/etc. It is not uncommon.

> Could you give me a few hints on how and where I should hunt for bugs?

I am using debug prints. printf("here 1\n"), or if bug affects stdio,
write(2, "here 2\n", 7). It's somewhat slow, but it works.

Probably I need to learn gdb. So far I rarely use it.
--
vda