awk does not terminate when compiled with gcc-4.1.2

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander at Kriegisch.name
Mon Mar 19 23:44:32 UTC 2007

Hi Denis!

Could you give me a few hints on how and where I should hunt for bugs?
It is still not proven that this is no BB bug, because
  - you use a newer version and
  - you tried on another platform.
When using the same combination of compiler, BB and binutils on x86, I
don't get errors either. So I could as well state it is not the
compiler's fault which would be as unproven an argument as yours, IMHO.
No offense, I just try to keep an open mind and not exlude any possible
error sources. BB might be unlikely from your point of view, but it is
not out beyond any doubts.

Kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch