busybox mount and nfs

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 23:29:41 UTC 2007

I am running busybox 1.2.1
This is working for most things but I have found an issue that
I don't know if it is a configuration problem or a bug.
mount gives the following errors when trying to do an NFS mount.  The
server does
allow mounts, (tested from another workstation).

portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5).
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5).
lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-5
portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
RPC: failed to contact portmap (errno -5).

I looked for a config option for portmap and found none.
I do have inetd with rpc running.

Is there other options that need to be configured to allow this to work?