Busybox GPL violator: LaCie

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Thu Mar 15 18:29:05 UTC 2007

On 3/15/07, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> On Friday 09 March 2007 5:49 pm, thinkliberty wrote:
> > Therefore, in such cases, you have to provide the the exact version of your
> > compiler toolchain that was used to create the executables that you have
> > distributed.
>
> No, you do not.  If this was the case then you could never compile any GPL
> code with something like Microsoft Visual C.  Please don't be STUPID.

I think there is the requirement for the build logic -- the logic, not
the toolchain.  Wasn't Linksys hounded for that?  I think Linksys was
hounded to provide their make logic, but in many (all?) of their
releases, they provide a toolchain as well.

(and in return, didn't we hoover up so many WRT54Gs after they cleaned up?)

Allan