ptr_to_globals with inconsistent types break the build

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 14 23:23:26 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 14:02, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> I have 3 patches here. Mind if i apply them (see respective changelogs
> for the rationals):
> http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/buildroot/package/busybox/
> $ ls -1 busybox.*.patch
> busybox.fix-ptr_to_globals.patch

-void *ptr_to_globals;
+struct global1;
+struct global1 *ptr_to_globals;

Ok, only rename struct global1 to struct globals (+ also in gzip.c).

> busybox.mdev-just-read-9-bytes.patch

-		len = open_read_close(path, temp + 1, 64);
+		len = open_read_close(path, temp + 1, 9);

Does it improves anything? Same code size, execution time etc...
only added slight chance of failure in a future with
_really_ big_ minor:major numbers.

> busybox.network-odd-dependencies.patch

Strange that entire night of randomconfig builds didn't catch this :(
I guess you have a .config where it doesn't build?
Then of course apply it.
--
vda