How Can I compile busybox with -Wl,-elf2flt option?

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:35:40 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 15:28, Ian Oliver wrote:
> In article <7f24b70f0703092240q2dd1cf69se41e1f0b2e3f64da at mail.gmail.com>,
> Xuefeng Ren wrote:
> > When I compile busybox-1.4.0 with my compiler arm-linux-uclibc-gcc,I need to
> > create a bflf format executable file.
> > How should I add this option when i make my build?
>
> I have a script that does this -
> LDFLAGS="-Wl,-elf2flt" EXTRA_CFLAGS="-D__uClinux__ -DBB_NOMMU" make
> busybox_unstripped
> mv busybox_unstripped busybox

I don't have experience building bbox for arm. I only built it
natively on i386 and cross-compiled it for amd64:

make CROSS_COMPILE=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu- "$@"

Anyway. Top-level Makefile has provisions for including
arch-specific makefiles:

-include $(srctree)/arch/$(ARCH)/Makefile

Currently there is only ../i386/.. version, which adds

CFLAGS += $(call cc-option,-march=i386 -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2,)

If arm (or any other arrch, for that matter) needs such Makefile,
feel free to create it (and don't forget to tell the list :)
--
vda