Fwd: swapon and swapoff testcases on busybox

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:50:55 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:37:04PM +0530, Riaz Rahaman wrote:
>In case this might be related to swapon functionality of busybox

swapon/off works for me. mkswap is foobared, though:

$ ./busybox dd if=/dev/zero bs=10M  count=1 of=swapfile01
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
# ./busybox mkswap ./swapfile01
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 10481664 bytes
mkswap: lseek

Does it work if you go back to this version of mkswap?
http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/trunk/busybox/util-linux/mkswap.c?rev=15570
Will likely need a bit of fiddling to get it to compile with current
trunk, though..

Does despon work if you feed it a swapfile that was created with the
full-blown mkswap?

thanks,
Bernhard