Bug 1244 testcase

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 3 22:46:44 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007 21:51, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 09:35, Eric Spakman wrote:
> > Because the image is running in memory (tmpfs), you have to run "lrcfg"
> > and type "s" to save changes in /etc/inittab.
>
> This does not seem to work.
>
> I was trying to add the following line:
> exec >/dev/tty1 2>/dev/tty1 </dev/tty1
> at the very top of /etc/init.d/rc and /etc/init.d/rcS
> in order to provide them with ctty.

The attached standalone utility shall be able to automatically
do it for specified program. Usage:

-::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS [args]
+::sysinit:/path/to/cttyhack /etc/init.d/rcS [args]

It is not meant to be a permanent solution, I just want to check
whether the problem is caused by lack of ctty for sysinit actions.

If it is true, then "real" fix is to determine why your sysinit
actions require ctty. They should not need it, I think.

cttyhack may be useful and even may be added to bbox,
but it is still an ugly non-portable hack.
--
vda