Bug 1244 testcase

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:51:53 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007 09:35, Eric Spakman wrote:
> I had some problems hacking this example, so instead I created two very
> small Qemu images. One images (-190207-) contains a busybox snapshot pre
> rev17937 and one (-020307-) contains todays busybox snapshot. The images
> are created as a "floppy" so need to be started with Qemu -fda.
>
> You can login with "root" and passwd just <enter>.
>
> Some insight on the bootsequence:
> The init scripts are in the /etc/init.d/ directory and symlinks to rcS.d,
> rc2.d and rc0.d are created at boottime. The inittab contains the
> following entries:
> ::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rcS
> ::wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
> ::shutdown:/etc/init.d/rc 0
>
> The rcS script starts the (symlinked) files in /etc/rcS.d in order (system
> setup and a few daemons). After that the "rc 2" script starts the files in
> rc2.d in order (other daemons). At reboot or halt the "rc 0" script stops
> all daemons by running the files in rc0.d.

I was able to run the testcases.

> With the 190207 image the output of the init startup sequence is shown on
> the console (tty1), the output of ps shows the following daemons started:
> syslogd
> klogd
> dhcpcd
> dropbear
> watchdog
> dnsmasq
> ulogd
> inetd
> openntpd
> mini_httpd
> cron
>
> With the 020307 image no information (except kernel messages) are shown on
> the console and the following daemons are not started anymore:
> dnsmasq
> ulogd
> openntpd
>
> Because the image is running in memory (tmpfs), you have to run "lrcfg"
> and type "s" to save changes in /etc/inittab.

This does not seem to work.

I was trying to add the following line:
exec >/dev/tty1 2>/dev/tty1 </dev/tty1
at the very top of /etc/init.d/rc and /etc/init.d/rcS
in order to provide them with ctty.

This basically the first, simplest thing which want to try.
But lrcfg and then "s" doesn't seem to save modified files.
On next run I see old files again.

Help?
--
vda