mdev woes

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Jun 28 14:19:47 UTC 2007

Mike Frysinger napsal(a):
> On Thursday 28 June 2007, jcurlmail at arcor.de wrote:
>
>> I'm using BusyBox 1.5.0 and I can't get mdev to work as I would expect.
>> It's only populating a very small subset of devices in the kernel.
>>

> you've probably disabled the deprecated sysfs kernel option ... older versions
> of mdev wont work in that case, you have to enable the kernel option or grab
> the fix out of current trunk
> -mike

For those of us who don't do this full time, is there an overview of all
the udev/mdev/sysfs/foo/bar changes going on?

I understand the need for a robust and intelligent device management
system, but it seems that the changes are coming pretty rapidly - as
soon as we get used to one system, it's deprecated in favor of another.
(This from a guy who still develops with a 2.4 kernel as a part of his
job.)  :-)

--Yan

--
  o__

Linux stuff has made big progress over the competition. When things sit and don't start right away, we have a watch, and those poor guys have to settle for an hourglass.