need some help to setup nslookup

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed Jul 25 23:55:02 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 25 July 2007, Choi Jason wrote:
> Now, I tried to use nslookup on my target system.
> When I compiled busybox, I just turned on Networking Utilities -> nslookup.
> And I install this busybox to my target.

busybox contains no dns logic.  all querying is done via the system libc
functions, so please consult the manual for whichever libc you're using to
find out how to properly configure /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hosts, your routing
table, and network interfaces.

in fact, i'd check the above list in the reverse order i specified to make
sure your system is setup properly.  tldp.org has some pretty complete
howto's you could read.
-mike