need of tinylogin?

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 10:31:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:20:26PM +0530, Ram wrote:
>Hi,
>   I want to know what is the need of tinylogin?.
>
>   I have only busybox on my system and am able to login from remote.
>   also i used adduser, addgroup commands in busybox.
>
>   What is the need of tiny login?.
>
>  Can anyone tell me the need of tinylogin?. can i do without that?.

tinylogin was a separate package in days long gone.
Nowadays, the standalone http://tinylogin.busybox.net/ is not
maintained anymore, AFAIK.

I think that tinylogin got merged with busybox some time ago. The
version that is in busybox is supported.

>   I want users to login to my system.

grab busybox, and go to the "Login/Password Management Utilities"
submenu, select the applets you desire.

If you just want the applets for login, user management and password
handling, then disable all other applets.

HTH,