[MAYBE SOLVED] was Can't resolv "sh: can't access tty; job control turned of

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 18 12:22:54 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 02:28:24AM +0100, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> > >That's wrong. I hope you don't use more than one login at the same time,
> > >as those will get pts/1, pts/2, etc., but /dev/tty will point to the
> > >wrong one.
>
> Here I have current svn's telnetd running in standalone mode
> _without_ controlling tty (i.e. it is not run from command line,
> it runs, like in your case, detached from any terminal):

telnetd doesn't need a controlling tty, but it needs to create a
controlling pseudo-tty for the children it spawns.

<strace deleted>
I didn't find any call to setsid and ioctl(TIOCSCTTY), but there was
some strace output missing from the start of the child. The code for
1.2.2.1 seems to be correct.

Anyway, I'd be more interested in the strace output of the cases where
it is known to fail. It could be a libc problem.

--
lfr
0/0