PATCH: removing hardcoded paths from init

Gabriel L. Somlo somlo at cmu.edu
Thu Jan 18 00:37:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 01:07:12AM +0100, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> Well, you are using FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL.
>
> I think that we shouldn't bundle together options
> to use applets directly by shell and by init.
>
> Maybe add another, separate config option for that?

Other than a bunch of shells (ash.c, msh.c, hush.c, lash.c),
FEATURE_SH_STANDALONE_SHELL also shows up inside the spawn() function
in libbb/xfuncs.c

So, as far as separate config options that accomplish this -- do you
want a separate one for each individual use (e.g., a specific one for
init), or should we just do something like FEATURE_EXEC_PREFER_APPLETS
which, if turned on, would be used by everything else besides the
shells (libbb/xfuncs.c:spawn(), init.c, and anyplace else we might
think it necessary) ?

I personally prefer the latter. Let me know if you disagree...

Regards,
Gabriel