su - without password in 1.3.0

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 07:56:28 UTC 2007

> Why do you need it? It works ok without config entry like this...

Because busybox needs to gain root someway, and in the past, it was
certainly done like this.

It works, well kind of. The problem is that it should at least ask for a
root password and not drop any user into a rootshell without a request
for a password.

I'll see if I have time to have a look at it next week, but as it is, we
cannot use busybox > 1.2.2 due to this bug :-(

> I did not lern yet busybox.conf format, I suppose
> there may be a mistake in your line (so that su thinks
> that it runs by root)

There might be a mistake, but then it became a mistake from 1.3.0
onwards since it has performed as expected for over a year.

--
  greetz, marc
Since I got here I've seen a lot of impossible things.