trying to build dash: awk and sort bugs uncovered

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 2 22:18:03 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 21:06, Rob Landley wrote:
> > You won't see awk bug anyway because you are most probably
> > in POSIX locale.
>
> Yes.  Since when does busybox support locales?

No sir, I didn't commit that sin! ;) It was done by someone else:

busybox.c
        /* Set locale for everybody except 'init' */
        if (ENABLE_LOCALE_SUPPORT && getpid() != 1)
                setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

This is practically all. It doesn't take much space.

Now we need to disable it back in a few places (date, httpd, awk)
for specific LC_xxx.
--
vda