ls on symlinked directories

Alexander Kriegisch Alexander at Kriegisch.name
Tue Feb 27 15:52:24 UTC 2007

This might be a classical question which has been answered here before.
If so, I apologise.

There are a few known bugs in coreutils/ls.c which have been documented,
but not tackled for years. I am speaking of these:

>  * KNOWN BUGS:
>  * 1. ls -l of a directory doesn't give "total <blocks>" header
>  * 2. ls of a symlink to a directory doesn't list directory contents
>  * 3. hidden files can make column width too large

I am especially interested in getting #2 fixed. I don't intend to urge
anybody, I would just like to know if there are reasons for not fixing
this (it is really annoying). Maybe somebody can take the time to look
into this.
--
Alexander Kriegisch