serial console and log-in

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:44:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 01:04 +0100, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 February 2007 22:50, akennedy at techmoninc.com wrote:

I backported the svn init to 1.4.1 (i depend on releases).

My inittab line looks like this:

::respawn:/sbin/getty - 9600 vt100

I got a login prompt but no controlling tty:

-ash: cant't access tty; job control turned off

~$ echo TEST > /dev/tty
-ash: cannot create /dev/tty: No such device or address

That was on a VGA console.

Then I tried to run it in qemu, with -nographic. It booted, it gave me a
login, but same as VGA, no controlling tty.

--
Natanael Copa