nfsmount, rpc failed: 2

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 17 00:39:09 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 February 2007 11:11, Chris Fanning wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting an error when using nfsmount.
> nfsmount host:/export mountpoint
> rpc failed: 2

nfsmount is not a part of busybox, it's a program from nfs-utils, I think.

What happens when you run busybox's mount -t nfs host:/export mountpoint?
If you get an error, consider collecting strace log too.

> I've looked about on the net and can't see anything about "rcp failed: 2"
> I can mount this same export from another machine so I don't think
> it's a server problem.
>
> What does "rpc failed: 2" mean?

I don't know. Maybe this?

#define ENOENT           2      /* No such file or directory */

enum nfsstat {
        NFS_OK= 0,              /* no error */
        NFSERR_PERM=1,          /* Not owner */
        NFSERR_NOENT=2,         /* No such file or directory */
--
vda