Patch to accommodate 2007 Daylight Saving Time change (busybox)

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Tue Feb 6 20:21:11 UTC 2007

 > On Tuesday 06 February 2007 20:34, none none wrote:
 > > I am new to busybox although I have some background in linux.  How do you
 > > usually update packages like libc in busybox?

 > I doubt you need to update libc.
 >
 > If you have problems with incorrect time zone setup,
 > on "desktop" (i.e., glibc-based) distro check your
 > /etc/localtime (should be a symlink, something like
 > /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Kiev).

i suspect the original poster is concerned with the USA's
change of daylight savings time start/end dates.  the law
requiring the change was passed in 2005, and takes effect
this year.  many vendors are only now scrambling to implement
the change, which is pretty late, since DST starts on march
11th this year.  :-)

so:  what needs to change is not just a symlink or a reference, but the
contents of the tz database.

but, to echo vda's comment:  this isn't a busybox issue.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com