troubleshooting mklibs

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 01:40:26 UTC 2007

This might be a little off topic but it is a problem I am having with busybox
and glibc.
I know, too many problems linking to glibc but right now I have to fix
the problem.

The problem,  running mklibs to produce a small sub-set of libraries that are
needed on the target system, doesn't always include all the functions that
are needed.

Other applications change and the mix of functions that are needed changes and
the ones that are necessary for busybox to run are missed.

The other day it missed __r_debug from GLIBC_2.0.  Today it is missing
crypt in GLIBC_2.0 for busybox login.

My question:  How do I go about troubleshooting this problem?
If someone could hit me with a clue stick it would be much appreciated.