Init Patch for review and evaluation

Eugene Bordenkircher eugebo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:36:31 UTC 2007

Go on vacation and get behind in the conversations....that'll teach me.

> #endif
> in the future, please try to utilize the first form
> -mike

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll make sure to do this in the future.   I'm
assuming I probably should have used CONFIG_... instead of ENABLE...
then.  I intended it to be a compile time feature to avoid bloat since
most people will not need the feature.

> SysV init does. If a command is removed, it kills it. If it's just
> changed, it does nothing.

I agree with this

> Patch is added to svn, thanks. If you can download & verify...

I'll give it a try today.

> If it does not, can I ask you to sacrifice five minutes of your time
> and explain what do you need to achieve, and why runit utilities
> cannot help.

With me being on vacation I haven't had a chance to try just yet.  I'll
do it this week/weekend and get back to you on your personal email if
that is ok. It seems like a topic that should be off list.

Eugene