[patch] netstat: got bogus unix line...

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 11:41:59 UTC 2007

2007/12/27, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com>:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 26 December 2007 20:42, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
>>
>>> This may arguably be a kernel problem.  As the comment in the
>>> bb-netstat says, and which I quoted in my previous post, socket names
>>> as this one did show up in 2.6 /proc files for as long as I remember.
>>
>> I added that comment, not long ago.
>
> Did you yourself see that kind of socket name string corruption on your
> system?  Do you remember what application was responsible for that?
>
> Does anyone else see this problem?

     This is a legal, probably erroneously uninitialised, name. The
  responsability is the application that called bind with a probably
  uninitialised name for the socket. As far as I can tell it is indeed
  an application bug and the kernel is just blindly dumping the name
  that the app gave to the socket. Try man 7 unix and look for abstract
  namespace.

>>> IMO, this is more like an application bug.

    Agreed.

         Loïc Grenié