udhcpc can not get broadcast dhcp offer

李扬 elboble at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 16:03:32 UTC 2007

Merry Xmas all

I am trying udhcpc v0.99-pre from busybox.
With linux dhcpd,it works fine,but when I use this server
http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32.html
,it always fail at get ip.

I captured both "good" and "bad" packets,and compared.
I found the "good" dhcpoffer is a unicast udp packet,and the IP and
MAC in the IP header and ETH header is not 255.255.255.255 or
ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

the "bad" dhcpoffer is a broadcast udp packet,the header is
255.255.255.255 and ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff,and the IP server offsers is
embeded in the dhcp section.

I add some printf in get_raw_packet() and get nothing when in "bad"
mode,so I guess the broadcast packets are not sent to the  dhcpc
socket.

I will dig more to figure out the issue. Any ideas are great appreciated