mount command fails with 'relatime' kernel option

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 16 18:04:53 UTC 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007 03:17, Michele Sanges wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have busybox 1.8.2 and a 2.6.23 kernel, taken from Fedora 8
> distribution.
>
> When my system boots, the mount command fails and show me the following
> message:
>
> 	Extfs: mount option "relatime" or missing value.

mount shows you this message? I think you mean that you see it in kernel log.

busybox mount doesn not habe any special support for 'relatime' option,
it just passes it to kernel verbatim.

If you will send me strace output of busybox mount (which doesn't work for
you) and util-linux mount with the same command line (which presumably works
ok) then it will be easier to figure out what needs fixing.
--
vda