mount with Labels

Jason Curl jcurlnews at arcor.de
Wed Dec 12 11:36:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

Is it possible to use BusyBox mount to mount a filesystem on boot depending on the label of the device/partition? I have a Compact Flash disk that mounts it's second partition but on some devices this is /dev/hda1 and on other devices this i /dev/hdc1 (the root is /dev/hda2 or /dev/hdc2 so that when a user takes the CF card out and puts it on Windows, they don't see the boot partition, only the FAT partition securing the software from accidental deletion).

Using a label removes this dependency. Also I intend to allow users to insert a USB key to my embedded device but I can't say what device it would be up front, but I can easily specify the label of that partition.

Initially it appears that busybox doesn't support LABEL=... or -L in the options. I'm not sure about what kind of changes would be required to BusyBox to get this to work.

Thanks in advance,
Jason.

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT FÜR ALLE NEUEINSTEIGER
Jetzt bei Arcor: günstig und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket
für clevere Doppel-Sparer, nur  29,95 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2