CTRL-C - Make the hurting stop

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Dec 7 19:56:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 12:44:38PM -0600, Jason Farque wrote:
> Well known issue I realize, but I can't ctrl-c in my ttyS0 terminal
> window because it's not a controlling tty.  I've tried the methods of
> using getty, using cttyhack, and modifying ctty.c all to no avail.  I've
> read all that I can google up about it and have tried various
> work-arounds all to no avail.  I still can't ctrl-c in my terminal with
> busybox 1.8.2.
>
> I'm on a MIPS au1550 embedded system, big endian, using 2.6.12 linux
> kernel.  What I want is for Busybox 1.8.2 (which compiles and runs fine)
> to simply boot to a root command prompt on my system without a login
> prompt the way that my old Busybox 1.2.2.1 does.

Hmmm.  Are you running with a serial console?  I do, and it all works
as expected.

Some keys, like <Ctrl-U> required CONFIG_FEATURE_EDITING_FANCY_KEYS=y,
but <Ctrl-C> does not.  BTW this is handled in libbb/lineedit.c

Note also that some config item names changed between 1.2 and 1.8, did
you account for that?

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.