chown: function not implemented

Lombard, David N dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Dec 7 17:01:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 07:51:21AM -0800, Lombard, David N wrote:
> I'm upgrading kboot-11, which usually uses 1.3.1, to 1.8.1.  I've made
> sure CONFIG_PREFIX is set in .config to the root directory I'm building,
> set CROSS_COMPILE on the make command to the correct prefix, and made sure
> my PATH lists my uClibc-enabled gcc first.
>
> Despite the, I get the subject error when trying to use chown directly
> or when trying to log in via ssh.

So, the error turned out to be the kernel option for 16-bit UIDs was
not set.  Mea culpa.

Is there something in the Makefile or in configure that I missed or could
have made my error either easier to find (e.g., without trolling through
system call processing) or even avoidable?

I didn't see any configure options for 16- v. 32-bit UIDs

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.