ash: command line editing question

Alexander Griesser alexander.griesser at lkh-vil.or.at
Wed Dec 5 23:03:46 UTC 2007

Sean Parker wrote:
>   I think you can say "let var2=$(( $VAR + $VAR )); echo
> $var2" - spaces between '$((' and '$VAR' req'd

Yeah, I know, but that's not the question ;)
The calculation works when everything gets written in one line.
If I hit return faster than the second closing brace, I can't
continue to work on this console. It's stuck in the command
line editing mode where I can't even use CTRL-C to get out
of it as shown in my examples above.

Basically, this happens with all unfinished commands, the
calculation above was just mentioned because it happened
to me while I was working on a formula to calculate battery
lifetime indicators.

ciao,
Alex