mount patch

Tomas M tomas at slax.org
Wed Aug 29 12:50:09 UTC 2007

Tomas M wrote:
> Hello,
> this is a patch for mount.c in busybox, to simply ignore -i option.
>
> -i is used in GNU mount for this purpose:
>      Don't call the /sbin/mount.<filesystem> helper even if it exists.
>
> But BusyBox doesn't call this anyway (IMHO) so it's safe to silently
> ignore it.
>
> This is my first busybox modification ever, so please review the patch
> if it is correct! It should be.

I forgot to tell you why the patch is needed at all.

It's useful for newest FUSE (filesystem in userspace), where fuse forces
to use -i option. This causes new fuse (2.7+) to stop working with
busybox's mount. One is not able to mount any fuse filesystem without -i.

Thank you for your consideration.

Tomas M