1.7.0 is out

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 13:58:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 04:30:31PM +0100, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>On Friday 24 August 2007 14:45, Stephane Billiart wrote:
>> On 24/08/07 ? ? 11:59, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
>> > Hi people,
>> >
>> > I uploaded 1.7.0 earlier today. Enjoy.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> >     * fdisk: make it work with big disks (read: typical today's disks)
>> > even if CONFIG_LFS is unset
>>
>> No, the build fails if LFS is not enabled (my uClibc does not have
>> lseek64). Attached patch fixes the problem.
>
>But we need to seek past 2 GB there. 2 GB is to small even for USB sticks

No, we don't. LFS is turned off, so we *know* that we only support <2GB.

>these days. People who don't need to support media > 2GB probably don't
>compile in fdisk anyway ==> people who do compile in fdisk mosk likely
>_do_ want to handle media > 2 GB.

Of course i want to use fdisk on my 1GB block-device and of course i
don't use LFS on it (nor NFS or any other networked filesystem since i'd
have LFS on for those anyway).

>Does your uclibc have _any_ means of doing that seek? _llseek?

No, because i (the user) turned LFS off explicitely.

>Please share your uclibc .config (probably bz2 it to fit under
>ml size limit).

Just turn off LFS support (see buildroot for such configs that i use).