1.7.0 is out

Stephane Billiart stephane.billiart at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:06:49 UTC 2007

On 24/08/07 ? ? 16:30, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2007 14:45, Stephane Billiart wrote:
> > On 24/08/07 ? ? 11:59, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > > Hi people,
> > >
> > > I uploaded 1.7.0 earlier today. Enjoy.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > >     * fdisk: make it work with big disks (read: typical today's disks)
> > > even if CONFIG_LFS is unset
> >
> > No, the build fails if LFS is not enabled (my uClibc does not have
> > lseek64). Attached patch fixes the problem.
>
> But we need to seek past 2 GB there. 2 GB is to small even for USB sticks
> these days. People who don't need to support media > 2GB probably don't
> compile in fdisk anyway ==> people who do compile in fdisk mosk likely
> _do_ want to handle media > 2 GB.

You're right. I only compiled fdisk in busybox on one of my embedded
servers because I wanted to partition some USB keys but they are < 1GB.

> Does your uclibc have _any_ means of doing that seek? _llseek?
>
> Please share your uclibc .config (probably bz2 it to fit under
> ml size limit).

I do not have my .config online, I might have it on an old CD
backup at home but I cannot be sure (HD crash last year).
One thing I am sure of is that my toolchain is old, gcc 3.3 and uClibc
0.9.27 built in Jan. 2005 without large file support.
It has llseek but not llseek64.

So maybe my patch is only relevant to a few people after all.
I don't mind maitaining it in my own tree as I do for some other software,
it is pretty simple anyway.

--
Stéphane Billiart                      http://perso.orange.fr/billiart/