disable network module at boot time

Vivek-Kumar Gupta vgupta at marvell.com
Tue Aug 21 14:09:49 UTC 2007

Hi Everybody,

I am using busy box for embedded device.

I am facing a peculiar problem.

I want to my board to boot with network module.

When kernel starts uncompressing, messages on console comes like

====

NET: Registered protocol family 2

 IP route cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)

 TCP established hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)

 TCP bind hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)

 TCP reno registered

NET: Registered protocol family 1

NET: Registered protocol family 10

 NET: Registered protocol family 17

NET: Registered protocol family 15

====

This suggests that network module is being loaded by kernel.

I have compiled Ethernet as module. I want to enable network module
after kernel boots ( post kernel) via some script.

I have modified the /etc/modprobe.conf, rc.sysinit so that init process
don't load network module, but this modification stopped the network
services.

Can any one help me how to disable network module while kernel is
booting and enable it again after kernel boots.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vivek Kumar Gupta

Marvell Semiconductor | 77A, IFFCO ROAD | SECTOR 18 | GURGAON - 122 015
| India.

*: (Work) +91-124-4516954 | 7: (Fax) +91-124-4516970 | *:
vgupta at marvell.com