e2fsprogs is missing and what should we do?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:55:28 UTC 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 09:35, colin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just moved busybox from 1.1.3 to 1.6.1. Yes, it's a very big advance.
> After I almost finished it, I found that e2fsprogs is removed because it's
> too bloated.
> I really need it. How can I do with late busybox?

Some parts are still present (chattr.c, lsattr.c, fsck).

You can take that part of old_e2fsprogs in busybox tree which you
really can't live without, put it back one directory higher,
debloating it in the process.

A lot of bitching about maintainers is optional part of exercise.

Then send a patch to bbox mailing list.
--
vda