'df' output

Christopher Reder creder at digitalcpt.com
Wed Aug 8 20:39:08 UTC 2007

I am trying to figure out more information on the 'df' output and how it may
indicate how something is setup wrong with my kernel.  If this is the wrong
list to ask the question, I'll be glad to repost elsewhere.

If you look at the output below, you'll see that I have 1 mtd block setup on
a nand flash.  This flash is 256 MB.  You can see that in the iomem output
and in the mtd output.  However, when I run 'df', it shows the there is 5.7
Meg.

I am wondering why it is and/or what it is looking at to see that when
everything else in the kernel is showing correctly.  If anyone can direct me
in the correct spot, or tell me to repost to a kernel list, I'll be glad to
do it.

major minor  #blocks  name

  31     0     262144 mtdblock0

 254     0    1985024 mmcblk0

 254     1    1983619 mmcblk0p1

# cat iomem

00300000-003fffff : at91_ohci

  00300000-003fffff : ohci_hcd

20000000-21ffffff : System RAM

  2002c000-202a1fff : Kernel text

  202a2000-202d0fd7 : Kernel data

40000000-4fffffff : at91_nand

80000000-8017ffff : FPGA video memory

  80000000-8017ffff : dcifb mem

80800000-80800004 : FPGA video registers

  80800000-80800004 : dcifb regs

fefbc000-fefbffff : at91_ether

fefff200-fefff3ff : atmel_usart.0

  fefff200-fefff3ff : atmel_serial

fffb4000-fffb7fff : at91_mci

  fffb4000-fffb7fff : at91_mci

fffe0000-fffe3fff : at91_spi.0

  fffe0000-fffe3fff : at91_spi

# cat mtd

dev:    size   erasesize  name

mtd0: 10000000 00020000 "NAND1"

# df

Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/mtdblock0            5.7M      3.3M      2.4M  58% /

#

static struct mtd_partition __initdata dci_nand_partition[] = {

{

.name   = "NAND1",

.offset   = 0,

.size     = MTDPART_SIZ_FULL,